Welcome to our February CanAm EdTech Report top news and highlights in learning & technology across North America.
Today’s lead MindShareTV podcast features an interview with Phil Cutler, Co-Founder & CEO Paper Learning (Canada’s EdTech Company of the Year) from the exhibit show floor at the Future of Education Conference where Phil and his colleagues decided to feature a #donatethebooth campaign where they selected 5 charities for delegates to contribute to vs spending $100K on an exhibit booth. Kudos to Phil and his team for their charitable giving in challenging times.
I’m still unpacking my thoughts from the Future of Education Technology Conference in New Orleans. With over 400 Canadian education and edtech delegates, Canada certainly made its mark! The 25th CanAm Celebration of Excellence EdTech reception hosted by MindShare in partnership with FETC proved to be our best ever with over 150 attendees from across North America.
Congratulations to Shoelace Learning from Halifax and Cyber Legends from London, Ontario, winners of the FETC Startup Pitch competition. We captured the live parade of winners on the show floor featuring an awesome band Mardi Gras style.
One BIG takeaway reminder for me was the importance of re-connecting with people face to face and the power of personal relationships that help nurture our minds and contribute to our well-being. I can’t underscore this notion enough!
In this issue, we share critical insights, trends, and research in the K12 & higher education space to help you optimize and refine learning for and with your students.
I’m pleased to share a few highlights in this packed issue below:
1. InnovateHERS Author Podcast Series is back!
2. Notable educator, Blogger, and Podcaster, Tom Whitby unpacks the Top 10 EdTech trends from the floor at FETC
3. One of Canada’s leading Superintendents, Chris Kennedy from West Vancouver shares his leadership journey as he celebrates his 20th year as the youngest Sup and still going strong on the C21 Canada Learning Series Podcast
4. Th 15th Schools of the Future Student Invention Challenge is launching March 1! New sponsors welcome!
5. The American Consortium for Equity in Education Magazine new issue features a partnership with MindShare Learning
6. Lu, an interactive play focused EdTech company from Quebec acquires Marbotic
7. ChatGPT could help rather than hinder student learning, says B.C. professor
8. Canadian eLearning Network (CANeLearn) releases its annual State of the Nation: K-12 E-Learning in Canada study undertaken by lead researcher Dr. Michael Barbour
9. From our Partner: EdWeb FREE Professional Learning Series for educators and leaders.
We hope you enjoy this month’s CanAm Edition of the MindShare Report.
I’m off to the OLA Super Conference later today to explore the latest in library and learning commons innovations from across Canada. Drop me a note if you’re attending as I’d love to connect!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me to share your success stories, news, research, jobs, people on the move and events with us! We love hearing from you! Feel free to call me directly at 416-569-2106, or drop me an email, if we can be of further support to your organization’s innovation or EdTech growth plans through forging strategic alliances or tapping into our consulting services.
As a member of our growing MindShare community, we are grateful for your kind and constructive feedback that motivates our team to provide you with mission critical research and insights to keep you at the forefront of innovation in education. Please keep your news and comments coming!
Special thanks to our team and board of advisors for sharing their passion in moving the innovation needle forward across Canada and beyond.
Until next time, keep the digital learning curve steep!