Just as an FYI, the podcast about two thirds of the way down is an interview that I did with Robert about the recent State of the Nation: K-12 Online Learning in Canada report.
Note that this is the first time I have copied and pasted the MindShare Learning Report into the blog, so I’m unsure how the formatting and links will react.
View a webpage version of this email Click Here[STUFF DELETED]
Learning to Change/Changing to Learn: A Canadian Perspective Premiered at the MindShare Learning 21st Century Canadian EdTech Leadership Summit
Our “All About 21st Century Learning Issue” was inspired by the amazing work of educators & the momentum that continues to build across Canada with respect to learning & innovation.It is an exciting time to be in the education space whether you’re an educator or industry solution provider given Canada’s strong performance on the global stage. It’s been said that education is the killer app of the 21st Century. Countries will rise and fall based on their choice investments in preparing future leaders for the global knowledge based economy.Below are a few highlights in this issue that you don’t want to miss!
- MindShare Learning EdTech Summit Success! Pearson Foundation Premiers video Learning; to Change/Changing to Learn: A Canadian Perspective;
- C21 Canada-Canadians for 21st Century Skills becomes a reality;
- Publisher podcast interview with Dr. Michael Barbour, author State of the Nation: K-12 Online Learning in Canada;
- Checkout Aislinn Malszecki’s timely podcast interview with Canada’s foremost Anti-bullying expert Dr. Debra Peplar, York University;
- Awesome to see mainstream media (Globe & Mail) profiling Innovative teachers. We’ve been at this for the past four years through the MSL 21st Century Classroom Video Challenge. Entry deadline : December 16th!
- Congratulations to Bitstrips Inc.– Canadian DigiAwards Best in eLearning category winner!
- The State of E-Learning in Canadian Universities 2011: If Students Are Digital Natives, Why Don’t They Like E-Learning?
Our recent 21st Century EdTech Leadership Summit was a success thanks in part to the education and industry leaders who filled a packed room at the York University Institute for Research on Learning Technology. We were honoured to premier Pearson’s release of Learning to Change/Changing to Learn: A Canadian Perspective video.
I extend my sincere appreciation to our MSL Report advisory board members for their excellent advice and counsel through the year. Special thanks to our sponsors for their generous support through the year.
Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season! Until next time, keep the learning curve steep!
P.S. Don’t miss our “Top 10 People to Watch” in EdTech coming later this month! We welcome your suggestions!
Follow us on Twitter @mindsharelearn
Robert MartellacciM.A. EdTech
Publisher & Managing Editor, The MindShare Learning Report™
President, MindShare Learning™– Connecting Education & Business to Support Student Success
Before printing think about the Environment. Avant l’ impression, il faut penser à l’Environnement.
21st Century Spotlight
Exclusive Publisher Podcast with Dr. Michael Barbour – State of the Nation K-12 Online Learning in Canada Dr. Michael Barbour, Assistant Professor at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan.Recent research: State of the Nation K-12 Online Learning in CanadaOnline and blended learning are educational innovations providing access to courses, teachers and educational opportunities for students in Canada, who may not otherwise have because of the geographic isolation of where they live.Twitter: @mkbwsu
Blog: Virtual School Meanderings
MindShare Learning | 2011 | Toronto | Canada